Green cards through family


If you have adult children or you are a stepparent or a stepchild and you would like to immigrate as a family, you cannot immigrate together if you qualify as an immediate relative. This is because your adult children or you as a stepparent or stepchild would not qualify as an immediate relative. If, however, you obtain a green card as a preference relative and you are married or have unmarried children below the age of 21, your spouse and children can get green cards as accompanying relatives by proving their family relationship to you and filling out their own applications.


This anomaly and many more like it in the immigration laws makes it worthwhile to call the Southern California Office of Hart Immigration for a free telephone consultation to find out the best way to apply for your green card.

Hart Immigration provides immigration services in Los Angeles, Orange County, and surrounding areas.

We Earn Your Trust While We Secure Your Future