Medical Exams


As part of the Adjustment of Status process (Form I-485) and requests for V nonimmigrant status (Form I-539), you will need a medical examination. Such examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon, a medical doctor who has been designated by USCIS. If you are applying for a visa at an American Consulate abroad your medical examination will be conducted by a Panel Physician in that country.


You cannot go to your personal doctor for a USCIS medical exam unless your physician is a designated civil surgeon.


Medical Examination Fees


Rates vary by physician. Hart Immigration has discount offers from various civil surgeons in the Southern California area and will provide such offers to its clients.


Completing Medical Forms


The Civil Surgeon will complete and sign Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, and seal the document in an envelope. Please do not break the seal or open the envelope.

Hart Immigration provides immigration services in Los Angeles, Orange County, and surrounding areas.

We Earn Your Trust While We Secure Your Future