The K Visas are hybrids of a non-immigrant and immigrant visa because they start out as nonimmigrant visas but after the fiancé(e) or spouse and their children enter the United States, they may adjust their status to Lawful Permanent Residents only on the basis of the marriage to the same U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident petitioner. The V Visa is a device to unite a family in the United States who is separated due to procedural barriers. Unlike the K visas, an applicant may apply for a V visa outside or inside the United States.




The different categories on the menu below set out the different ways you can eventually immigrate through a family sponsor.


Alien-Spouse Visa (K-3 and K-4)


Fiancé(e) (K-1 and K-2)


V Visa (Spouse/Child of LPR)

Hart Immigration provides immigration services in Los Angeles, Orange County, and surrounding areas.

We Earn Your Trust While We Secure Your Future