Business Services_Temporary Visas_I


Representatives of Information Media


A foreign national who is a bona fide representative of foreign press, radio, film, or other foreign information media, who seeks to enter the United States solely to engage in their vocation based upon a reciprocal program between the U.S. and their home country, will be granted an I Visa for the duration of their employment.


Type of Media:


Foreign press, radio, film, television, video or other foreign information media. The programs must be informational or educational, not commercial entertainment.




  • Media reporters
  • Media film crews
  • Video tape editors
  • Producers or distributors of film and/or video of informational or educational films or video tapes
  • Employees of independent production companies if they hold a credential issued by a professional journalistic association of if such credential is unavailable, if the employees satisfy the definition of “representatives of foreign media”
  • Persons in similar occupations if they are engaged indirectly with the primary activities may qualify for an I visa – example: proofreaders.


Technical Aspects


Upon entry into the United States, as an I Visa holder, you will be given D/S (Duration of Status) instead of a date certain to leave. You will be admitted for the duration of your employment and will be able to obtain unlimited extensions for 1 year. There is no requirement of residence abroad and you may adjust your status (file for a green card or lawful permanent residence) and be able to renew your I visa while your green card is pending. Your spouse and children may accompany you but cannot work in the United States.


Hart Immigration provides immigration services in Los Angeles, Orange County, and surrounding areas.

We Earn Your Trust While We Secure Your Future