Business Services_Temporary Visas_H-4


Spouse and Children of H-1Bs


Spouses and unmarried children under 21 accompanying H-1B visa holder will be granted an H-4 visa. Most H-4s may not work.


However, effective May 26, 2015, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is extending employment authorization to certain eligible H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who:


  • Are the principal beneficiaries of an approved Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker OR
  • Have been granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000. The Act permits H-1B specialty workers seeking lawful permanent residence to work and remain in the United States beyond the six-year limit on their H-1B status.

Hart Immigration provides immigration services in Los Angeles, Orange County, and surrounding areas.

We Earn Your Trust While We Secure Your Future